The winter on our island is dull and dreary. Grey is the colour of the season, unless the snowgods deliver their gifts, as they did last night. Many Salt Springers flee to the sunshine. Not me. I enjoy staying put in front of the fire with a mug of hot tea and a cozy blanket.
At this sleepy time of year, I also like to ask myself questions to help me stoke the inner yearnings of my heart. Poet Rainer Maria Rilke wrote:
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not seek the answers which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions.
1. Where do I feel most confident, alert, excited in my life?
2. When do I feel most at home, at peace, in sync with myself?
3. Who do I love to be around? What people do I consider to be “my tribe”?
4. In what environment do I shine? Where do my skills, talents, genius come through in my daily life?
5. What is one object I wouldn’t want to live without? Why?
6. What’s a secret passion I have that I have never revealed to anyone? When was the last time I indulged?
7. If I had a year to live, with whom would I want to spend it? What would I/we be doing? Where?
Now I invite you to live these questions with me!!!